working to secure your database needs
At B-Plan we can take on the role of database administrator for your organisation. With many years of experience our DBAs can manage your computer database systems. Outsourcing database requirements means you do not need to employ a full-time technical DBA who needs to keep up with the latest technologies.
Whether you require a database administrator on an ad-hoc basis or want to discuss an on-going support contract with us then we would be happy to discuss your requirements.
Microsoft SQL Server
Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle are two of the most popular and industry standard relational database management systems (RDBMS) available today. Both support a wide variety of transaction processing, business intelligence and analytics applications in corporate IT environments. Fundamentally both store data in tables comprising rows and columns and they offer high performance and sophistication with enterprise and standard versions. The choice between the two can be a matter of opinion as they are equally capable in many situations although many analysts would agree that Oracle tends to offer more capabilities (if needed) at the cost of additional complexity and cost. B-Plan have wide experience with both systems and we can ‘speak’ both dialects of SQL, which is the language used to manage the data they hold. We offer guidance and advice on both systems.
- store, organise and manage data within a database
- upgrading databases to latest versions
- assisting with database design and development
- managing access to databases
- data integration and synchronisation
- liaising with team members on database usage and requirements
- managing and implementing database security
- designing maintenance procedures
- managing database backup procedures
- producing reports, documentation and operating manuals
- testing and modifying databases
- providing user training and support
- writing, implementing and testing disaster recovery plans
- archiving data
- ensuring that databases meet user requirements
B-Plan Information Systems